MyCumbria Sign up for Businesses
If your business is in Cumbria and you would like to be a part of the MyCumbria scheme and provide an offer for local residents please fill in the form below. MyCumbria can work for any type of business no matter how big or small so if you would like to speak to someone for further information on what it can do for you please give us a call on 01539 822 222, we'd love to hear from you.
Please read Terms and Conditions
Frequently Asked Questions for providers of MyCumbriaCard
Here are some of the questions we anticipate you will have and our answers to those.
- Do I need to be a member of Cumbria Tourism to partake in the MyCumbria Card scheme?
- Yes. Cumbria Tourism is a ‘not for profit' organisation, any income generated is directed back into the business which allows us to promote Cumbria as a tourist destination to both the home and international markets. As a membership organisation we are unable to promote any business which is not a member.
- What are the benefits of being a member of Cumbria Tourism?
- This is a very important question. The launch of MyCumbria will take several steps. Initially there are several! On joining Cumbria Tourism your membership gives your business numerous marketing and PR opportunities as well as an extensive range of special benefits we've negotiated for you. The low cost credit card rates alone can soon recover the cost of Cumbria Tourism membership, but be sure to utilise all that's on offer to benefit your business.
- If I join Cumbria Tourism now, how long does my membership last?
- The membership year runs from 1st October to the 30th September period and runs for a full year. Businesses can join at other times of the year on a pro rata basis to keep it in line with the renewal period.
- How long do I have to offer the special ‘offer/ discount' as a provider for the MyCumbria Card scheme?
- Your arrangement will be for a 12 month period from the date when you sign up and may be renewed after that. Consumers will pay £20.00 for their membership of MyCumbria Card for a 1 year period, it would be unfair on any of those parties if your agreement changed significantly during that period.
- When someone presents a MyCumbria Card at my business does my agreement only apply to that one person? For example if I have a restaurant and a party of 4 make a booking, does the special agreement I have pledged just apply to the one person with the card or the party of 4?
- This is entirely your decision. When we are initially talking to you about you becoming a provider for MyCumbria card, we will ask you to quantify your offer, which will then form part of your contract with us. Here are some of the options:
• 10% discount on a party of up to 4 people
• 2 children go free, with 2 adults
• Many providers have stated that there are no restrictions on who the card applies to as this encourages more business and keeps it simple to administer.
- When someone presents me with their card, is there anything specific I or my staff need to do with it?
- Yes, if possible. The card will have a membership number. We would like you to log that number, the date in which it was used and the number in the party. We appreciate that when you are running a busy business this might not always be possible so it's not obligatory. However it is advised so that we can evaluate the usage of the scheme both as a whole and for individual businesses. In your joining pack for MyCumbria we will provide you with a data form for this purpose. It would be helpful if this information could be returned to us every 2 months.
- Supposing I wanted to promote my business during seasonal times i.e. create a special offer which is better than the standard minimum of 10%?
- What do I do if I suspect that someone is using a card fraudulently?
- This very much depends on the circumstances, however it would be very helpful if you could report the card number to us so that we can investigate.